Travelers entering at most of the airport and seaports are now required to present fingerprints and pose for a digital photograph under a new security program called US-VISIT.
Ths total process is very simple and and quick. Officer will use an inkless digital "fingerscanner" to electronically capture two "fingerscans" of arriving visitors holding visas. The visitor will be asked to put the left index finger (first finger) and then the right index finger (first finger) on the scanner. The officer will also take a digital photograph of the visitor.
example: Digital finger print
At the counter itself, while you are looking at officer the officer will take the picture at a click of the mouse.
Here is a step-by-step process. When you enter into USA.
At this point of time this program (US - Visit) is not applicable to:
- USA citizens entering back to USA.
- Lawful permanent residents (green card holders).
- Foreign visitors under age 14 and over age 79
- Canadian Visitors with a few exceptions: Learn More
- Mexican Visitors with a few exceptions: Learn More
More information about US-VISIT can be found here